Wednesday, January 7, 2009

As it is the eve of the National Championship game, a game in which my beloved Mighty Gators will seek their third National Championship, it seemed that the best place to start this "chronicle" was to start where this championship season started. This first photo is of Ian as he enjoyed the first game of the season against Hawai'i. He was enthralled.

But, this is not intended to be an ode to the University of Florida. My goal for this blog, once I figure what "Publish Post" means, is to provide a photographic journal, if you will, of my life and the lives of people around me. In fact, I had grandiose ideas. Kristen Janke told me of a group of people who set out to take at least one photo everyday to chronicle their lives and I resolved to do that same thing this year. I did well, until the fourth. Life is too busy for so much picture taking, but I will hopefully have the time to add new photos fairly often. These photos will either show events in our lives, or may just be pictures I have taken that I vainly thought others might like to see.

Next week will bring a flurry of photos of the next little Justice to come into the world. He is due to arrive on the thirteenth. In the mean time, I will start with a handful of photographs from our most recent vacation to Northern California. It was our first partner retreat with my firm. We had a great time, although it must have been quite difficult for Kim to travel through wine country pregnant. The first is of cabernet sauvignon grapes at the Reynolds Family Vineyard. We were permitted by the people who owned the vineyard to wander the vineyard and pick some of the grapes. The next three photos are of that same vineyard. I found the old GMC truck particularly interesting.




We also visited the V. Sattui Winery, where we were able to catch a glimpse of one of their cellars.







We stayed at the Yountville Vintage Inn, which was a beautiful hotel.




I also went on a 20+ mile bike ride with some of the other partners through some of the hills that border Napa Valley. Between gasps for air, I was able to enjoy the scenery. That hill is not as steep as it looks, it is much steeper.

My next post will almost certainly be baby photo after baby photo. In the meantime, thank you for viewing these. I hope you enjoyed at least one or two of them.
Joe Justice

















No comments:

Post a Comment